November 15, 2018 — Version 3.1.2
- Product swatches - Fix bug where multiple Featured Product section variants selections would affect other products on the page
- Content - Tables are now correctly styled.
- Video background - Fix issue where YouTube videos will briefly flash solid black while looping.
October 30, 2018 — Version 3.1.1
- Product swatches - Selecting product variant buttons and swatches will now auto-update to show only the other available options
October 29, 2018 — Version 3.1.0
- New Mega Menu - Add a new 'mega menu' style option for multiple columns of menus in the dropdown navigation
- Collection swatches - Display product swatch colors or images directly on the collection pages with image previews
- Collection - Add new text alignment option
- Collection - Add new settings to adjust the placement of sale and sold out labels
- Collection - Add new image upload for graphics sale and sold out labels
- Collection - Reorganize the product options
- Collection - Optimize product and swatch image sizes
- Collection - Fix issue with auto-ratio sizes when products are displayed in one column
- Swatches - Move "swatch" text to language file for auto-detection in other languages
- Size guide - Move "size" text to language file for auto-detection in other languages
- Fix - Product swatches correctly update as you select options
September 28, 2018 — Version 3.0.5
- Optimize - Improved styling of whitespace in collection sidebar menus
- Fix - Adjust dropdown positioning on main navigation menus
- Dev - Update responsive images to lazysizes 4.1.2
August 29, 2018 — Version 3.0.4
- Fix - Prevent page auto-scrolling while selecting some product image thumbnails.
- Fix - Improve button and link styling on Video with text overlay section.
August 13, 2018 — Version 3.0.3
- Fix - Improve variant selection with Featured Product homepage section.
July 16, 2018 — Version 3.0.2
- Fix - Quantity box-sizing issue on cart page on mobile devices.
- Fix - Improve lightbox sizing and ratio issue with product images.
July 13, 2018 — Version 3.0.1
July 10, 2018 — Version 3.0.0
- Product - New option to choose between drop-down, button and swatch style variants.
- Product - Swatch variants will automatically show colors based on CSS color names with the option to manually set colors in the theme files.
- Product - Swatch variants have the option to show custom PNG images for each color. Learn how to customize the swatch colors and images.
- Product Images - Add a touch-friendly slideshow for product images. This allows mobile customers to swipe through the product images with ease. New theme options to customize showing the slideshow dots, left and right arrow, and swipe.
- Product Images - Add new option to group product thumbnails together into a single row or column. This helps shops that have a long list of image thumbnails that looked poor in the old layout.
- Product Images - Add new option to position thumbnails to the left of the main image.
- Product Images Lightbox - New lightbox that performs faster and works seamlessly with the new image slider.
- Product Size Guide - New option to add a page's content as a size guide popup from the product page.
- Product Descriptions - Add a way to split the description into two parts by adding
<!-- split --> to the content. The first part will appear below the add to cart box and the second part will appear centered and wide below the product images and cart box. Learn how to split the product description under the product images.
- Checkout Badge - Add new option to upload a "trust badge" to the bottom of the product's add to cart box as well as the site footer.
- Icons - Switch to SVG icons for social links and UI elements. Allows for easier updating of individual icons, adding new icons and faster site performance.
- Icons - New option to choose between a cart, bag and basket icons in the top bar's cart button.
- Icons - Remove Vine and add Amazon.
- Optimize - Improve loading of fonts to minimize "flash of unstyled content"
- Optimize - Slideshow section dots are now shown on page load to prevent a jump in content when the slideshow initializes.
- Optimize - Improved image loading for faster site load on slideshow and collection product thumbnails.
- Dev - Update to sliders to Flickity 2.1
- Fix - Collection image margins on collection page.
- Fix - Background color for select (drop-down) form elements in Internet Explorer.
May 31, 2018 — Version 2.8.0
- Way More Fonts! 🎉
- Added support for Shopify's new font picker that includes a huge selection of Shopify licensed fonts
- Base font sizes are now adjustable through the theme editor
- Bold page titles is now an option through the theme editor
- Option to adjust heading font sizes
- New option to show/hide product jump navigation
- Option to control breadcrumbs on desktop and mobile
May 24, 2018 — Version 2.7.4
- Updated newsletter, password and promotional forms to use rich text
- Fixed a typo in Open Graph image settings
May 14, 2018 — Version 2.7.3
- Fixed an issue with short button widths in some submission forms
- Improved cart buttons to only toggle if enabled with dynamic checkout
May 4, 2018 — Version 2.7.2
- Fixed an issue with a bug in Google's Font API
April 12, 2018 — Version 2.7.1
- Improved button layout when dynamic checkout buttons are not enabled
April 2, 2018 — Version 2.7.0
- Added support for Shopify's new Dynamic Checkout Buttons
- Added placeholder text in the product-template to make integrating product review apps easier
March 23, 2018 — Version 2.6.4
- Added support and payment icon for Google Pay
March 14, 2018 — Version 2.6.3
- Fixed an issue where image width could be 0
March 12, 2018 — Version 2.6.2
- Faster thumbnail switching on the product page
- Open graph default image - now you can specify a default image to use for Open graph plug-ins
- Now only show Instagram errors in Customize theme menu
March 6, 2018 — Version 2.6.1
- Fixed an issue with login from the password page
February 21, 2018 — Version 2.6.0
- All New Homepage Sections! 🎉
- Featured product - now easily showcase a single product with pricing and add to cart directly from the homepage
- Newsletter - include a newsletter signup option anywhere on the homepage
- Map - display your store hours, physical address and link to Google maps
- Video - updated video section that offers standard controls and sound for YouTube videos
February 7, 2018 — Version 2.5.0
- Removed all now unnecessary jQuery plugins related to resizing
- Updated modernizr to check for object-fit support
- Updated to the latest version of lazysizes
January 11, 2018 — Version 2.4.1
- Fixed Instagram issue where images wouldn't correctly appear in the feed due to Instagram URL changes
January 8, 2018 — Version 2.4.0
December 1, 2017 — Version 2.3.7
- Added autoplay video on mobile for newer iOS and Android devices
November 29, 2017 — Version 2.3.6
- Removed unused inventory_policy / inventory_quantity data attribute
- Fixed issue with promotional popup redirect
- Fixed bug where fallback image wouldn't appear on mobile due to iOS updates
- Fixed bug where swiping the slideshow on mobile would cause the page to scroll vertically
- Updated Apple Pay icon to Apple's new logo
October 25, 2017 — Version 2.3.5
- Improved social sharing alignment and layout
October 23, 2017 — Version 2.3.4
- Added discount code redirect feature for promotional pop-ups to automatically offer a discount code on email capture
October 11, 2017 — Version 2.3.3
- Added support for Shopify's new conditional fulfillment tracking URLs on customer order pages
October 10, 2017 — Version 2.3.2
- Improve product image loading speed when clicking on thumbnails
- Optimize lazy loading of images to start the load quicker
- Switched jQuery to no conflict mode to ensure certain Shopify Apps do not hijack and overwrite the theme's jQuery version
- Adjusted margins on collection list template to match the rest of the templates
- Fixed background video playback for Safari 11
- Fixed issue where variant images would not properly change after rearranging product images in the Shopify admin
- Fixed layout issue with the logo list section
- Fixed customize menu typos
August 22, 2017 — Version 2.3.1
- Fixed layout issue with Featured Row's image on mobile devices.
- Updated the gift card template with the correct CSS file.
August 3, 2017 — Version 2.3.0
- Customize menu sliders - Switch to using Shopify's new range sliders for selecting number based values in the customize theme menu. For example, this is used to select the pixel width of the header's logo image, how fast the slideshow should transition, how many products per page or section, and dozens of other uses. Overall, this update does not add any new functionality to the theme, but it does make it easier to customize certain options.
August 2, 2017 — Version 2.2.3
- Custom content section - Fixed an issue with properly displaying images in this type of home page section. We now set the image block "max width” to match the actual image size that corrects the issue.
- Slideshow section - Further improved initial load of desktop slideshow images.
- Password page - Fixed an issue with the background where it is now set to transparent to correct the issue.
July 26, 2017 — Version 2.2.2
- Instagram feed - Instagram recently made an unannounced change to how cropped images are loaded. This required a new way to manually specify the dimensions of the square crop for proper rendering.
July 7, 2017 — Version 2.2.1
- Slideshow section - Improved the blur effect on slideshow images as they preload.
- Custom content section - Fixed an issue with properly displaying images in this type of home page section. We now set a maximum width that matches the “page width” that corrects the issue.
June 30, 2017 — Version 2.2.0
- Responsive Images - We dramatically improved the theme's load time, image quality and performance by adding responsive image functionality. Now throughout your shop, the specific images needed for the browser's width and screen quality (retina or non-retina) will load. Mobile devices might load an image that is 400px (non-retina) or 800px (retina) wide, however, a desktop visitor might see the same image load in at a high quality 2000px wide based on their browser width. This significant change reduces load time for mobile users and ensures everyone sees the best quality images.
- PageSpeed and Theme Load - With the optimization efforts and responsive images we have reduced the page's total size by over 50% on desktop and 70% on mobile. We also increased the PageSpeed up 32% to 92% optimized and YSlow score up 7% to 79%. With this optimization effort, we have crossed off every possible improvement that is controllable by themes—remaining is up to Shopify.
- Mobile Slideshow Image - Now you can upload a separate slide image for mobile devices. We still recommend landscape 1500 x 600px images for the standard slides, however, now you can use square or portrait images that work better on mobile.
- Logo - Large width logos in the header now properly size down on mobile devices
- Breadcrumb - Tags that use the underscore _ for the grouping technique will now see spaces instead of underscores
- Currency - Now lowercase or uppercase currency codes will properly work
- Customize theme - Fixed broken links to documentation
- Logo section - Now you can control the logo's width along with the spacing between logos
April 26, 2017 — Version 2.1.3
- Fixed an issue with the currency conversion when cents are disabled in the default currency.
April 19, 2017 — Version 2.1.2
April 19, 2017 — Version 2.1.1
- Collection - Fixed a layout issue with collection images that should span the full browser width
April 18, 2017 — Version 2.1.0
- Newsletter Subscription - All email addresses are now added directly to the Shopify customer lists. This allows you to use the various 3rd party email marketing Shopify Apps to sync your customer lists with MailChimp, Klaviyo, Emma, Campaign Monitor, Soundest, Rare.io, Kevy, Remarkety and more. When you sync your customers you can send highly targeted emails—signed up for the newsletter and hasn't purchased, has purchased over $100, is a repeat buyer, has purchased a specific product, etc.
- Rename assets/district.js.liquid to assets/theme.js.liquid and assets/district.scss.liquid to assets/theme.scss.liquid to be more consistent with Shopify's customization guides
- Promotional - Add styling for mobile Safari's auto-linking phone numbers
- Collection - Fixed an issue where the buttons to switch between grid and list sometimes did not work
- Product - Added support for Shopify's show SKU numbers on product pages guide
- Featured Grid - Added the option to upload an optional rollover image
- Logos Section - Fixed the logo image alt tags
- Typography - Fixed typos on font name labels
- Instagram - Properly encode HTML characters for the image's alt text
- Header - Add logo widths for better rendering in Firefox on retina displays
- Cart - Only show currency converter disclaimer if a currency other than the shop's currency is being previewed
- Added a liquid filter to properly escape all the theme's text and textarea options
February 15, 2017 — Version 2.0.5
- Fixed a bug that did not properly disable the "add to cart" button when certain variants are sold out
February 8, 2017 — Version 2.0.4
- Fixed bug that prevented the product image container heights from matching up on the home page
- Improved visual rendering on one character tags in the sidebar menus
February 3, 2017 — Version 2.0.3
- Chrome 56 has a documented bug where fixed position elements inside sticky elements produce layout rendering issues (mobile menu visible). Chrome has fixed this in the upcoming version 57, however this theme update provides a workaround to prevent the layout issues.
January 17, 2017 — Version 2.0.2
- Fix a bug where products were occasionally added to the cart twice
January 17, 2017 — Version 2.0.1
- Prevent the browser from scrolling horizontally when the mobile menu is open
January 16, 2017 — Version 2.0.0
- Nearly a complete rewrite of District to support the new Shopify section features and dramatically improve the performance and optimization. The update is over 10,000 lines of modified theme code.
- Added new home page sections that allow you to add multiple sections and easily reorder them
- Blog - blog posts
- Collection - collection grid
- Collection - collection list
- Collection - featured collection
- Collection - featured collection with text
- Image - Featured grid
- Image - Gallery
- Image - Image with text
- Image - Image with text overlay
- Image - Logo list
- Image - Slideshow
- Social media - Instagram feed
- Text - Rich text
- Video - Video with text overlay
- Advanced layout - Custom content
- Advanced layout - Featured lookbook
- Slideshow - Now includes a new video background slide to add looping YouTube videos in the background
- Promotional - Improved promotional bars where you can now add multiple announcement and sign up bar while controlling if they should appear on desktop, mobile or both. Additionally the popup bar has new options to control if it appears on desktop, mobile or both.
- Header - Added a new minimal header size to reduce the header's margin and padding
- Header - Added a new feature to lock the top bar or header while scrolling down the page
- Footer - Choose between color and black & white payment icons
- Footer - Update payment icons to support Shopify's latest icons
- Footer - Option to add menus, sign up forms and contact / social media blocks
- Overall - Titles, headings and text snippets are dramatically easier to edit in the theme using the new theme editor
- Colors - Simplified some of the color options now that certain section or template blocks contain color options (for example, password page)
- Collections - Added a new Advanced tag grouping option. Now you can easily organize product tags into groups using special tag formats.
- Collections - Choose if the tags should be displayed as buttons or a menu
- Collections - Added the option to create multiple sidebar menu blocks and reorder them
- Product - New options to add a product collection in addition to the related products
- Blog - New sidebar options to add multiple menus, images, recent posts, RSS feed, tags and even HTML.
- Blog - Optionally you can now remove all the sidebar blocks to hide the sidebar all together
- Search - Option to show a collection if the search doesn't find any products
- Collection list - Now you can choose between collection previews (first four products) or a grid layout (collection image or first product image)
- Collection list - By default Shopify shows your collections in alphabetical order. Now you can manually control the listing by adding collections that you can reorder
- Instagram - Requests to the API are now cached in the browser's local data to reduce the number of API calls and optimize the page load
- Grid - Add a new CSS based grid system so shops can now create responsive grid layouts with HTML markup only
- Structured data - Update the structured data for better SEO and Google Shopping results
- Password page - New settings to edit the password page directly from the theme editor
- Variants - Move away from Shopify's soon to be deprecated options_select.js functionality
- Pages - New pages now default to the narrow width
- Removed unused snippets
- Languages - Added new German, Spanish, French and Portuguese translations
- Redesign the Energy preset to showcase some of the new section features and change the default preset colors
- Optimize the image sizes throughout the theme using Shopify's new methods
- Slideshow - Now renders quicker and removes the temporary flash of additional slides
- Slideshow - Optimized the slide image loading. Now the images lazy load as the slider advances.
- Dozens of small bug fixes and theme improvments
November 11, 2016 — Version 1.6.4
- Fixed a bug with the product image alt tags
November 9, 2016 — Version 1.6.3
- Minor improvement to product Structured Data
October 4, 2016 — Version 1.6.2
- Fixed minor CSS error
- Fixed minor bug with currency conversion
August 22, 2016 — Version 1.6.1
- Fixed formatting bug with certain currencies
- Improved alignment of currency convertor feature
- Improved the loading of multiple variant select elements
August 13, 2016 — Version 1.6.0
- Add second level dropdowns, mega menus
- Add currency convertor
- Add option to display vendors on product and collection templates
- Update schema.org content for product pricing
- Include theme font selection on the gift card template
- Prevent sold out and on sale labels from overlapping
- Fix center alignment issues with homepage featured collection
- On collection pages allow command clicking of products to open in new tabs
- Homepage featured grid items properly tint color on hover if the title is empty
- Add optional grid layout for search results (products only)
June 3, 2016 — Version 1.5.5
- Switched social sharing URLs to canonical URLs so share counts are consistent for unique products regardless of URL
- Adjusted Pinterest share button margins to prevent overlaps
May 27, 2016 — Version 1.5.4
- Preload product images for faster switching of images when clicking on thumbnails or changing product variants
- Fixed rare issue where re-ordering variant images in the admin caused product variant switching to load incorrect images
- Update social icons with new logos for Instagram, Medium and Google Plus
- Added new social icon options for LinkedIn and Snapchat
- Blog pagination now properly changes when switching between the layout options
May 12, 2016 — Version 1.5.3
- Create account link now appears when you set accounts to required
- Added an option in collections-list.liquid to manually use collection feature images in a grid
- Fixed 'read more' links for pages in search results
- Fixed the margin between the featured product image and thumbnails when below
April 12, 2016 — Version 1.5.2
- Added gallery (next / previous) support for product image lightbox
- New option to enable expanding dropdown menus in the mobile navigation panel
- Fixed touch scrolling issues in mobile navigation panel
- Improved accessiblity for dropdown menus and tabbing through store links
- Improve cancel button styles for customer account confirmation page
- Updated the focus color of the promo bar links
- Fixed issue where the "on sale" or "sold out" labels might appear vertical while the store is loading
March 9, 2016 — Version 1.5.1
- Choose between adding newsletter sign up to your Shopify customer list or a MailChimp list. If you use the customer list it might be easier to sync your customer data with other email marketing providers.
- Product images in collections now match heights across the rows, improving the appearance of shops with a variety of image sizes
- Fix issue where variant images would not change if thumbnails were hidden
February 1, 2016 — Version 1.5.0
- New and Improved - Coast Demo Site and Preset
- Blog - Added a number of new features and customize theme options
- Blog - Change the layout between single, two column or two columns with a featured blog post
- Blog - Ability to show or hide the author, date, tags, read more buttons
- Blog - Choose if the article image should appear before or after the article title
- Blog - Added a menu option to the sidebar
- Blog - New option to add an image to the sidebar
- Included more Google Fonts: Karla, Martel Sans, Noto Sans, Bitter, Martel, Noticia Text, PT Serif and Source Serif Pro
- New option in Collection menu to choose between showing one or two columns of products on mobile devices
- Improved the loading of the home page slideshow
January 25, 2016 — Version 1.4.2
- Improved social sharing for blog articles
- Fix bug with touch devices when product zoom feature is enabled
January 13, 2016 — Version 1.4.1
- Fix product image zoom issue in Firefox
January 5, 2016 — Version 1.4.0
- Expand Typography menu choices with Google Fonts
- Redevelop the sliding mobile menu functionality for better performance
- Add new Popup menu with options for image, page content and MailChimp newsletter signup
- New Promotional Bar options to control when and where the bar appears
- Add option to show arrows on home page slider
- Improve Instagram rollover animation
- Fix bugs with promotional bar and top bar not properly locking as you scroll
- Add option to hide Featured Grid title
- Update the Energy presets' accent color and typography
December 28, 2015 — Version 1.3.3
- Fix layout issue with Firefox incorrectly breaking words
December 21, 2015 — Version 1.3.2
- Minor update to fix width of shop title on the storefront password page
December 18, 2015 — Version 1.3.1
- Improve mobile slide out navigation
December 15, 2015 — Version 1.3.0
- Add a customizable promotional bar
- New product image 'hover to zoom' feature
- Blog articles support Shopify's new feature image option for thumbnails
- Add support for Apple Wallet gift cards
- Load higher resolution Instagram images
- Improve Twitter sharing captions
- New link to create a customer account from the login page
- New option to set the number of products to be shown on the product collection pages
- Load in larger 1024x1024 images for products
- Optimized and reorganized the customize theme menu for the new Shopify requirements
November 1, 2015 — Version 1.2.2
- Miscellaneous minor bug fixes
October 7, 2015 — Version 1.2.1
- Instagram feed updated to support the new non-square media images
- Fixed bug where dropdown menus could overlap other navigation links
- Better error messages when trying to add products without enough inventory
- Miscellaneous minor bug fixes
September 10, 2015 — Version 1.2.0
- New Template: Added a new store password template where you can collect email addresses before your shop goes live
- Added customization options for the password template where you can upload a background image, set colors and configure email capture details
- Added link back to shop homepage in the footer for SEO
- Added SKU numbers to the variant options for better product SEO
- Improved interactions around navigation drop-downs and clicking the back button in Safari
August 22, 2015 — Version 1.1.3
- New customize menu options to enable/disable each of the footer columns
- Fixed the payment icons for Firefox
August 11, 2015 — Version 1.1.2
- Fixed the cart preview sizing on mobile layouts
August 10, 2015 — Version 1.1.1
- Fixed a centering issue with the new horizontal header layout
- Changed product page images from
large (480px wide) to
grande (600px wide)
August 6, 2015 — Version 1.1.0
- Introduced a new theme preset, Coast - Coast Demo | Shopify Theme Store
- Updated presets for District and Energy
- New Header options to show the logo and naviation vertically centered or horizontal inline
- Updated design style for dropdown menus
- Option to show solid border around entire site or only along the top
- Option to display the Featured Grid titles below the images
- Updated spacing and margins between sections
June 24, 2015 — Version 1.0.0