Add 'Pick an option' labels to variant drop-down menus
This is a modified set of instructions to supplement Shopify's guide - https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/products/variants/how-to-add-a-pick-an-option-to-drop-downs We highly recommend creating a duplicate of your published theme and making any changes to the unpublished duplicate version first.
- Open Layout/theme.liquid and find theme.min.js There should be two. Replace both with theme.js Save the file.
- Open Assets/theme.js and find StyleHatch.Strings.soldOut There should be two. Only replace the second one with the following including the quotes: "Make a Selection"
- Proceed with the Shopify guide https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/products/variants/how-to-add-a-pick-an-option-to-drop-downs#sectioned-themes following the steps for Sectioned themes and Debut
- When instructed to Edit the product page template, in District, this file specifically is Sections/product-template.liquid
- In step 4 of Edit your product page template, there are two selected="selected" but only the second one has all the other liquid (if variant == ...) around attribute.
- Skip Step 4 of Edit your product page template
- Skip Change the Add to cart button language setting
- You are finished. The result will look similar to this:
Our premium theme support requires that a valid theme license has been purchased for use with a single store only. Using an unlicensed theme is in violation of Shopify’s Terms of Service https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms
Our premium theme support includes the following:
- General questions on theme features and technical functionality.
- Help with setting up and configuring your theme settings.
- Shopify issues related to a fresh installation of one of our themes.
- Prompt bug fixes once a theme bug has been identified. We will provide a fix and immediately update the theme for all customers to access.
- Support for all Shopify Guides verified to work with sectioned themes.
- In cases where a custom development solution is required, we'll provide details as to why and even provide recommendations related to minor theme customizations and app recommendations.
Our premium theme support does not include:
- Shopify administration or native Shopify functionality which is handled by Shopify Support.
- Custom development or custom design work which can better be handled by a Shopify Expert
- Installation, configuration or troubleshooting related to third-party apps, including those in the official Shopify app store.
- Design or layout changes beyond simple updates that can be made within the theme options.
- Upgrading themes.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) issues, conversion rate optimization (CRO) issues or similar.
- Page speed or other issues.
- Installing or troubleshooting issues with Google Merchant Center, Google Analytics, Google AdWords remarketing tags, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Pixels or other third-party analytics or tracking code.
- Technical support for older versions of our themes is limited. Upgrading to the latest version is always recommended and may be required for us to provide technical support.
Still, feel free to reach out on topics that fall outside of our support to see if it’s something we have an easy solution for or a resource that we can point you to.
For any issues impacting your shop's availability or any other issues you deem an emergency or critical to your business, please contact Shopify support - https://help.shopify.com/questions