How to Split the Product Description Under the Product Images
In some situations, it may make sense to split your product descriptions so that the first part will appear below the add to cart box and the second part will appear centered and wide below the product images and cart box. This works well when you have a lot of product content, images or videos to include on the product page.
To split up your descriptions all you need to do is place this tag in your product description at the point where you'd like the description to 'split' into the two components:
<!-- split -->
Here's an example of what that would look like using the rich text editor in the Shopify admin. First, on the product page, you will need to toggle on the HTML viewer by clicking on the Show HTML button.
Next, you will need to add the
<!-- split --> tag at the point where you'd like the description to 'split' into the two parts.
This will create a product description that is split, with the video appearing on the second half of the split, in this example.
Our premium theme support requires that a valid theme license has been purchased for use with a single store only. Using an unlicensed theme is in violation of Shopify’s Terms of Service https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms
Our premium theme support includes the following:
- General questions on theme features and technical functionality.
- Help with setting up and configuring your theme settings.
- Shopify issues related to a fresh installation of one of our themes.
- Prompt bug fixes once a theme bug has been identified. We will provide a fix and immediately update the theme for all customers to access.
- Support for all Shopify Guides verified to work with sectioned themes.
- In cases where a custom development solution is required, we'll provide details as to why and even provide recommendations related to minor theme customizations and app recommendations.
Our premium theme support does not include:
- Shopify administration or native Shopify functionality which is handled by Shopify Support.
- Custom development or custom design work which can better be handled by a Shopify Expert
- Installation, configuration or troubleshooting related to third-party apps, including those in the official Shopify app store.
- Design or layout changes beyond simple updates that can be made within the theme options.
- Upgrading themes.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) issues, conversion rate optimization (CRO) issues or similar.
- Page speed or other issues.
- Installing or troubleshooting issues with Google Merchant Center, Google Analytics, Google AdWords remarketing tags, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Pixels or other third-party analytics or tracking code.
- Technical support for older versions of our themes is limited. Upgrading to the latest version is always recommended and may be required for us to provide technical support.
Still, feel free to reach out on topics that fall outside of our support to see if it’s something we have an easy solution for or a resource that we can point you to.
For any issues impacting your shop's availability or any other issues you deem an emergency or critical to your business, please contact Shopify support - https://help.shopify.com/questions